Saturday, November 9, 2013

NATANGWE - He Is To Be Praised



I shared this with my mentor and friend:

You were right. I have found a place where I am finally coming into my own. It is a time where I am coming into myself. A time where I am fully the person whom I am meant to be. It is as if God is saying to me, "Here, this is it." The long awaited promise land that He promised so long ago. And as I come into my own I realized a few things. First, I no longer have to be what other people ask or want me to be. Second, I can be who God has called me to can be. And finally, I am walking into my destiny through this experience in Africa.

To be an African American returning to Africa has been a trying, overwhelming, but yet an amazing experience. Last week my friend and colleague gave me the name Natangwe from the Oshiwambo traditional tribal name. I have an African name now. The name means "God is to be praised." This is in all actuality what I am purposed for and to do. My purpose is to praise Him, my longing is to serve Him, my hearts desire is to make His Name GREAT among the Nations!

God has really brought me to a place where all my needs are met! And I'm literally living out Psalm 91 - I'm in His Shadow! If I'm in His shadow then I must be walking in His will because you never have a shadow unless you have a figure blocking a source of light causing the shadow to form. Sometimes God is blocking things from hitting us when we stay in His will. I don't know what it is but it's a mighty good feeling to be in His will.

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God." (Hebrews 11:8-10 ESV)

- Eugene Smith, M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment